One of JCYCN main target groups is the Youth. We try to involve them in all our activities to empower, raise their voice, their rights, develop their skills, and give as much opportunities as possible so they can grow, impact and become active social changers and peace makers. Offering an Internship Program is an obvious way to contribute to those aims.
JCYCN accepts national and international interns to support our work between 3 to 6 months. We believe that it is a great opportunity for them to get more in touch with how a small grassroots NGO works and all the challenges it may face, as well as to get involved and learn more practically about the field of child and youth rights and peacebuilding. For us, it is very valuable to receive such aid as new people bring more energy, ideas and different points of view that can improve our organization each and every day.
Below are some questions you might be wondering about our internship program:
Am I the right candidate for this internship?
The right candidate will have to be currently enrolled in a college or university pursuing his/her bachelor or master degree, preferably in the fields of Social Work, Administration, Education, International Relations, Peace and Human Rights. If you are studying something unrelated to these courses, but have strong interest in our organization work and projects, you are welcome to apply as well.
The candidate should also: have passion to work for social causes; be able to handle stress and work pressure; have good communication skills; have a working level English; be familiar with Microsoft Office and Social Medias; and be able to follow JCYCN principles and code of conduct.
How long is the internship?
The length of an internship is usually between three up to a maximum of six months.
Is the internship paid?
No. As our organization is volunteer based, all interns work voluntarily.
What will I learn from the internship?
The aim of our internship program is to give you an exposure of different aspects of the social work world. You will be given the opportunity to support Nepali children and youth related projects, and learn from local experienced people. Moreover, you will also be exposed to conferences, meetings with other organizations and governmental bodies, seminars, workshops, trainings and even international programs. As an intern at JCYCN, you are seen as a valuable source of young talent, thus, big responsibilities will be trusted over your shoulders. You will learn more about administrative work demands, about project development (from brainstorming ideas to writing concept notes and finding funds and support), about how to put ideas into actions, about team-work, constructive criticism, and your own capabilities (the skills you are good at and the ones you need to improve for a future job).
How can I apply?
If you feel like you are the right candidate and wish to apply for JCYCN Internship Program you should follow the following two steps:
- Make sure you have these 4 files available before sending us an email:
- Updated CV or Resume.
- Scanned copy of National ID or Passport.
- Letter of Recommendation from a university/college professor or former employee.
- Letter of Motivation saying why you would like to intern with JCYCN and what kind of internship you are aiming at. You should mention the JCYCN areas that most interest you, the time period you would be willing to share with us (stating the starting and finishing date that you have in mind), your knowledge and personal skills that could be used by our organization, and your expectations towards the internship program.
- Submit your application to JCYCN email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject title “Internship Program: YOUR FULL NAME”. For example, if you are called Tilottam Paudel, your subject title should be: Internship Program: Tilottam Paudel. Please, make sure you attach all the FOUR necessary documents on the email body (CV or Resume, scanned copy of National ID or Passport, Letter of Recommendation, Letter of Motivation).
*JCYCN office will reply to your application as soon as possible, but please note that only complete applications will be considered for selection, and that we have all right to accept or reject your application depending to our availabilities and your profile.
* JCYCN administration will probably schedule a presential/telephone/Skype interview with the short listed candidates so that we can introduce ourselves and better communicate about the internship program and both of our expectations.
* Please note that maximum two internship applications can be selected per semester.
Interns of 2015/2016
Feel free to directly contact them in case you want to hear more about their experience in working with JCYCN!
|1.||Prabina Nepal||9813145255||Kathmandu Model Collegeemail@example.com|
|2.||Mamata Basyal||9860903451||Kathmandu Model Collegefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3.||Anamika Nepal||9845809224||Kathmandu Model Collegeemail@example.com|
|4.||Shrijana Lama||9849316481||Milton Collegefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5.||Teresa Limbu||9818993676||Milton Collegeemail@example.com|
|6.||Sonam Lama||9843494872||Siddhartha Collegefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|7.||Samipa Limbu||9817087635||Kathmandu Model Collegeemail@example.com|
|8.||Laxmi Bhattrai||9841500603||Siddhartha Collgefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|9.||Reecha Puri||9843036379||Siddhartha Collgeemail@example.com|
|10.||Bishnu Gharti Magar||9810017168||Siddhartha Collgefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|11.||Basanta Dhungana||9841196464||Tribhuvan Universityemail@example.com|
|12.||Shritsti Mangarati||9818562321||Tribhuvan Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|13.||Smita Thapa||Tribhuvan Universityemail@example.com|
Mr.Mohammed Maseeh Belgami
|Uppsala University, Sweden