First of all, thank you for your interest in JCYCN volunteering program! As a volunteer-based organization, we truly recognize the power and importance of volunteers to make our plans come into reality and positively impact the Nepali society. We believe all actions make a difference, therefore, we welcome all sorts of support you are able to offer according to your skills, time and desire.
You can volunteer for a specific project or campaign on a short period of time, for all programs related to a specific area that better matches your interests, for any kind of program that occurs in your available time, for some academic research or administrative work in our office. We are very flexible and open to adjust our needs to yours in a way that benefits all.
JCYCN current focus areas that you can support are:
– Child and Youth in Peace Building
– Promotion of the United Nations Security Council Resolution 2250
– Promotion and Protection of Human Rights
– Promotion and Protection of Girls’ Rights and concerns
– Promotion of Child Friendly Local Governance (CFLG)
– Promotion of Quality Education and Child Friendly Schools
– Promotion of Youth Safe and Dignified Migration
– Humanitarian Support for the Affected of Disaster and Conﬂict
Some more specific suggestions that might interest you are: organize/support/participate in education or training programs in which you can share your knowledge, experiences and skills (such as English, computering, artistic, etc.) to disadvantaged children and youths; orphanage work to provide care and assistance to children; lead/create/aid awareness campaigns on relevant topics to our organization’s targets; etc.
In order to understand and organize how we can work together, we kindly ask you to follow the volunteering application steps:
- Make sure you have these 3 files available before sending us an email:
- Updated CV or Resume.
- Scanned copy of National ID or Passport.
- Letter of Interest saying why you would like to volunteer with JCYCN and what kind of volunteering you are aiming at. You should mention the JCYCN areas that most interest you, the time period you would be willing to share with us (stating the starting and finishing date that you have in mind), your knowledge and personal skills that could be used by our organization, and your expectations towards the volunteering program.
- Submit your application to JCYCN email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject title “Volunteering Opportunity: YOUR FULL NAME”. For example, if you are called Tilottam Paudel, your subject title should be: Volunteering Opportunity: Tilottam Paudel. Please, make sure you attach all the THREE necessary documents on the email body (CV or Resume, scanned copy of National ID or Passport, Letter of Interest).
3. JCYCN office will reply to your application as soon as possible so that we can start interacting about the current volunteering possibilities. Please note that only complete applications will be considered for selection. Additionally, depending on the circumstances, we might schedule an interview to introduce ourselves and easily communicate.
- We welcome volunteering applications the whole year round as there is not such a thing as the right time to start a new exciting volunteering experience in life.
- If you happen to be an international applicant, JCYCN will make sure you have an amazing Nepali experience by introducing you to our culture and costumes, and by trying to include some travelling in your volunteering work so that you can explore a bit more of our country.
- In the end of your volunteering program (or whenever needed), JCYCN would be pleased to sign recommendations letters to support your professional career. Of course we only recommend good fellows, but we already have faith that you will do a great job with us!
- We praise networking and all the doors it can provide us all, therefore, we want to stay connected with you after your volunteering program is over. Remember that once part of JCYCN team, you will always be a family member, so do not hesitate to contact us if you think we can help each other somehow.
**And, please, feel free to contact us if you have any doubt about our volunteering program and its possibilities!**